Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: That far-back corner of the closet

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

NSV: That far-back corner of the closet

We all have that corner in our closet. The one where, although we've long ago purged all those clothes that no longer fit, we've hung on to a few things that, for whatever reason, we just couldn't let go of. Whether it was because they had been so expensive, we just LOVE the color, or we used to look so cute in them; we just couldn't/wouldn't part with them.

So they just hang there, in that far-back corner of the closet - mocking us, reproaching us, shaming us, getting dusty. We look at them and whisper "someday". But as the days, months, and even years go by, "someday" begins to feel like "never". But we still just can't let them go.

Well, today (because I haven't done laundry in a bit) I was rooting around in the closet for something to wear. And I stepped into the far-back corner. I looked at a few of those outfits and said to myself, "Someday". But then I remembered something! I used to wear that one when I weighed about the same as I do now - after all, I have lost 30 lbs. I wonder ..... Do I even dare?

I tried the first one on. Almost! The second one - OMG! It fits!! Same with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th!

Long story, short? The far-back corner clothes have been moved to the front and are no longer shaming and mocking me. Even the few that I can't wear right this minute are close enough that they can hang in the front without making me feel bad. I'm so glad that something kept me from giving them up.

This is a victory that in my heart-of-hearts I had just about given up on. But patience and perseverance win the day.

submitted by /u/Dilectalafea
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oax0h7/nsv_that_farback_corner_of_the_closet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...