Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: It's okay to lose weight slowly

Monday, June 28, 2021

It's okay to lose weight slowly

I weighed myself this morning and I'm really sad that I'm 219 again (for reference, I'm a 23yr old 5'3 female)

But it's important to remind ourselves that weight loss takes time and that it's okay to lose weight slowly. I was losing weight fast and dropped down from 229lbs to 184lbs about two years ago. I was sort of miserable though, constantly weighing my food and praying I was under 1200kcals, though preferably 1100kcals daily, and I think that's what made me lose control. I thought about beating myself down with the scale again and it put me off so much.

I have mental health issues, so I'm sure some of my peers can understand how difficult it is to not eat your feelings out to feel better and suppress the pain away. I currently cut my mother off from my life and I don't have any family here aside from my SO.

With the previous knowledge I have, I promise to be good to myself and slowly reach my goal weight. I shouldn't be too hard on myself if I slip up here and there because I'm only human and am bound to make mistakes every now and then.

I'm still going to weigh my food, but give myself a 1500kcal limit daily and make my way to the gym for daily walking. Hopefully I'll gradually do weight lifting and cardio, but I'm not going to overwhelm myself and stop because of being overwhelmed.

I'm thankful for this community here, as we're all supporting each other. I guess it's important to remind ourselves that slow progress is okay, so long as we keep ourselves accountable.

I just want to be happy. Plain and simply happy. I'll slowly get there!

submitted by /u/Goomy-goom
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/o9szry/its_okay_to_lose_weight_slowly/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...