Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: In a deficit and exercising 5 times a week and gaining weight?? Feeling really deflated and confused.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

In a deficit and exercising 5 times a week and gaining weight?? Feeling really deflated and confused.

Hi guys,

I made this account specifically to post this because Google has yielded nothing but the usual generic, useless results.

I should start by saying I'm 22F and currently 19 stone 7 pounds. I've been doing this for a month now and I lost half a stone in the first two weeks and nothing has changed since. I'm onto my third week of the scale just going up and down between 19.8 and 19.10 and it's driving me bloody crazy.

I am ABSOLUTELY in a deficit. I have checked this time and time again against multiple TDEE calculators. I currently eat 2000 cals a day and that's actually a couple hundred lower than most sites recommend as my deficit. I'm not starving myself either, I eat a comfortable amount. I have counted absolutely everything to the last gram. I have a treat meal once a week but that's it. I do half an hour of cardio Monday to Friday (usually either jogging or swimming).

I'm just confused. I'm not a beginner and I'm not naive enough to think I'm putting fat on because that's just impossible, but I read that gaining muscle whilst losing fat is very rare so its unlikely? could be BS though idk. Basically can someone help me understand what the hell is currently going on with my body?? I feel like this shouldn't be happening after 2 weeks as a morbidly obese person, the weight should be falling off. I just feel really down because I'm working so hard and feel like I'm getting nowhere.

EDIT: thank you so much for the comments guys! It means the world to me in a moment of self-doubt. I have so many things I could try now and I feel a lot more educated on what's currently happening with my body. I appreciate the advice!

submitted by /u/foxshinshi
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oa5s0i/in_a_deficit_and_exercising_5_times_a_week_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...