Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Does anyone have advice for literal food addiction?

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Does anyone have advice for literal food addiction?

my problem is that I'm literally addicted to food/drinks and the only solution I can think of is to go cold turkey. not starving myself of healthy food but to 100% completely cut out all bad food at once. but this also means giving up all social interaction for at least a few months. this stresses me out to no end, I think about how miserable ill feel as food has been a medicine for me, and makes me eat/drink even more.

you could say "just go out once in awhile, it's okay" or "just order something small". but it doesnt work like that. it's like telling an alcoholic it's okay to go to the bar and drink with friends once in awhile. one latte from Starbucks turns into 2, turns into 5, turns into every single day for 6 months. once I eat something I like, I can. not. stop. I will go back every day. I will spend hundreds of dollars every month on food I dont need.

I also have this problem where even if im as hungry as possible, I cant eat if its something healthy. I see posts like "if you wouldn't eat broccoli, youre not really hungry". but no, I will avoid eating until I'm too nauseous to eat if the option is healthy food. I just simply have no appetite for it, the idea of it makes me feel sick or ruins my appetite.

the absolute constant effort of saying no to bad food is so overwhelming that I always give up and fall into a binge. whether someone is ordering pizza for lunch at work or brought in donuts for the office or holiday meals with families or date nights or vacations, it's constant.

I try to offset my calories with exercise so I dont feel totally constricted but i get hurt every single time. my knees are fucking useless.

im just so fucking tired of being fat.

submitted by /u/DopeDetective
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nqzdnq/does_anyone_have_advice_for_literal_food_addiction/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...