Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I no longer dread the gym since I swapped to weight training.

Monday, July 18, 2022

I no longer dread the gym since I swapped to weight training.

So as the title says basically i have been going to the gym for years as an overweight man in his late twenties. I have mostly concentrated on cardio and absolutely dread it every time I go. I recently started doing weight training, push, pull, legs and an full-body workout day. Each workout has a 20 min cardio session at a moderate difficulty.

Before this i was going to the gym for an hour and doing a 5km run or 30-40 minutes on the rower. I hated it. It was a slog. Always felt absolutely amazing afterwards but getting there was always a problem. During the workout i just wanted to stop. I know that progress comes from putting yourself in uncomfortable situations and I know it would pay dividends eventually.

But this past month I have found doing weight training so much more enjoyable. It isn't a slog when I'm there, it isn't painful. Its tough but i feel like i am accomplishing something, I can feel my muscles stretching. Then the next day when they are sore, I know I did good. I can do X amount of reps then rest which is nice. My main goal is weight loss and the best thing is doing weight training is amazing for fat burn. Of course cardiovasular health is important so i do try and hit it as hard as i can at the end of my weight session for 20 or so. But i always find it easier to do that after having a good session in the gym.

Has anyone else found this to be the case for them? Would love to hear your experiences

submitted by /u/Quiet-Account7511
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/w2c44b/i_no_longer_dread_the_gym_since_i_swapped_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...