Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to not be tempted when I'm constantly surrounded by high calorie food?

Thursday, July 14, 2022

How to not be tempted when I'm constantly surrounded by high calorie food?

So I just got a job at a bakery that lets you take home free sweets, breads, etc if there are leftovers at the end of the night (and there are always leftovers) - including a work hour food discount that essentially pays for your entire lunch/dinner. Unfortunately, the food where I work isn't that healthy. I usually work the front of the store, which means I am constantly staring at all of the bakery items we have. I'm talking cookies, scones, croissants, muffins , etc (and sweets have always been my weakness). I was also appalled to learn that one of the very, very, delicious cookies I ate today was a whopping 800+ calories. That is on the extreme end of the scale, but the "lower calorie" options here aren't that much better - averaging around 400 to 600 calories. (Ironically, a lot of the hot entree options have lower calories than the bakery items. They are chock full of sodium though.)

The reason I need advice is because I don't want to ruin the progress I've made. I have lost about 20 pounds since the beginning of my weight loss journey, and I already see myself gaining weight again. I started working around 2 1/2 weeks ago, and have shot up 3.5 pounds. I will admit that part of this is because of the bread I've been eating. The bakery was going to throw out multiple loaves of bread, (and it pained me to see it go to waste) so I took quite a lot of bread home.

I know the sweets (and bread) I've been eating is bad for me, and I do remind myself that the satisfaction I get from eating them is temporary. Unfortunately, I've never been the "disciplined" type (and a major reason why I lost weight in the first place was because I could not access unhealthy food).

Any advice on how I can control myself would be greatly appreciated.

TLDR: I need advice on how to not be tempted by relatively free, easily accessible, high calorie food in the workplace.

submitted by /u/Vivi4T
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vzdcgn/how_to_not_be_tempted_when_im_constantly/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...