Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Getting back to a routine and adjusting to sedentary office job

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Getting back to a routine and adjusting to sedentary office job

Hi! So over the past 10 months I’ve lost about 45lbs. I was just in school full time so I had lots of time and energy to get into a good exercise routine. I was strength training 4 days a week, doing a bit of cycling 1-2 days, and getting out for a hike 1-2 days.

Over the last few months I’ve begun working at a full time office job and even though the job is very sedentary, I’ve found it quite draining and totally fell off my routine. Thankfully I didn’t gain that much weight back (about 5-7lbs, fluctuating) but I feel like I am not as strong and energetic as I was.

I am trying to get back into a solid routine but find I just don’t have the time or energy to maintain my old exercise schedule. The last two weeks I’ve gotten back to doing two 1 hour long strength training sessions during the week, along with an hour of hiking on a week day or weekend too. Is this enough to keep losing weight? I do not sleep very well (have just completed a sleep study) and I do not have the energy in the mornings before work to get up super early and hit the gym.

My eating habits fell by the wayside the past few months too as I find myself snacking at my desk frequently. I have been at least choosing healthy snacks (fruit, veggies, or a yogurt usually) and am focusing on getting back to more strict nutrition now.

What are some tips for finding energy to keep working out in addition to working full time and managing day to day chores and necessities? And any tips to counter my sedentary work days? I spend the majority of my day sitting behind a computer now.

submitted by /u/sjmbr
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/w38ejb/getting_back_to_a_routine_and_adjusting_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...