Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Been on numerous diets, caloric deficits and several different techniques throughout the years, nothing changes

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Been on numerous diets, caloric deficits and several different techniques throughout the years, nothing changes

For context I am 16M, 290 lbs. I’ve been overweight for as long as I remember. I’ve never been insanely overweight, but I’ve always been the “chubby” kid in class. When I was about 11 years old, I decided to go into a diet were I would strictly eat less of everything, but not necessarily limiting anything. I also did 10 minute workouts at home here and there which may of helped, but it’s kind of hard to tell at this point. I had lost weight but then fell out of that diet in about a month’s time. After that, every diet I had tried lasted at the very most 5-6 weeks, and to be blunt, I don’t know why I ever stopped dieting in the first place. My excuse has always been that “it got boring” or some BS like that which initially made me feel better, but in the end I turned out worse. Around when the pandemic hit in 2020, I had gained a lot of weight for obvious reasons, as did a lot of other people. I also then decided there at my 225 lbs weight to start CALORIE COUNTING and doing HIIT workouts for 5-6 days/ week. I had lost around 8-10 pounds in 5-6 weeks, which looking back was pretty good. Each workout would definitely make me sweat, and I was eating relatively healthy. (Just to be clear, I’ve never been a picky eater. I think that might be the problem, I like practically anything that’s on my plate, from veggies to junk food). Again, this weight quickly came back and I completely let myself go after that. I would have some weeks were I would try to start a diet of some sort only to end up crashing down in sometimes less than a week. Fast forward to 2021, a doctors appointment reveals my weight to be -245 lbs, and this is when I started to get worried. My doctor ended up telling me to continue with caloric deficits and ended up trying to encourage me saying, “Don’t worry, you’re still young, you have your whole life ahead of you”. Yeah, it’s not going so well. I’ve ballooned to almost 300 lbs at the age of 16, and I am genuinely concerned. I have avoided any form of weighing myself since around when I was 13, which is also when I started to stop taking my shirt off at the beach/pool. I tell people it’s b/c I’m really prone to the sun, which I actually am, but deep down it’s because of body. Recently, I also formed some huge stretch marks around the waist of stomach, nearly all around too. I absolutely refuse to take off my shirt in an unlocked room, much less in front of someone. I hate the way I look in clothing, and I genuinely can’t shake the feeling that I’m only getting worse as time goes on, and its nobodies fault but mine. And I don’t know what to do. As I’ve mentioned, I’ve tried practically everything in terms of diet and my father even invested in a gym membership last year, which I’ve hardly used. I have a Solo Membership and he does too, but after nearly 2 years of having said membership, I haven’t even bothered to go by myself once. I hate the way I look, I hate the way everyone else see’s me, and I hate my inexcusable lack of motivation and strive, and I feel I’m only falling farther into a wormhole that leads to a horrible life.

submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Emu588
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/was1v9/been_on_numerous_diets_caloric_deficits_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...