Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Different type of victory

Friday, July 22, 2022

Different type of victory

I got routine blood work done in April for the first time in a few years. My LDL was 175 and total cholesterol was 253. As per my doctor, my LDL should be below 100 and total below 200. I knew these high numbers were because of a poor diet. Not lack of exercise since I do exercise regularly and I know I can't blame genetics. I really did not want to go on medication and my doctor agreed that I could lower my numbers by increasing cardio and a healthier diet. High cholesterol, not the noticeable weight gain was the push I needed to really focus on a healthier diet.

I will get blood work done again in October. But a mobile health clinic was at my job last week so I got a fingerprick blood test. I know these results aren't as accurate as regular blood work -- Dr. Google says they could be off by 9 points -- but I was hopeful it would show some improvement. I was honestly so happy when I got my results. LDL is now 85 and my total cholesterol is 157. Even with that margin of error I've still made a huge improvement.

It's easy to focus on the scale and forget the other benefits of exercise and diet. Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy to be fitting into old clothes and that I am losing weight. But hopefully someone can find my story a little motivational--even if you're not losing weight as fast as you want, your body is still benefiting from your positive changes. I've also noticed I have much more energy, WAY fewer headaches, and even with inflation my credit card bills have gone done a LOT because buying groceries and preparing almost all of my meals at home has wound up being much cheaper for me than eating out.

Don't forget to focus on all of your different types of progress!

submitted by /u/_Arabella_Figg
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/w5pc0s/different_type_of_victory/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...