Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Please give me hope for the paper towel effect!

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Please give me hope for the paper towel effect!

(21f, 5’6) Hi everyone! As of this morning I weigh 141lb after starting at 207 last January, falling off the wagon after a surgery & long recovery last summer (and consequently gaining 15lb), and then starting again in March at 173lb. Cool! Yay me!

Butttttt… my goal weight was 140lb. Then 135 lb. Now I am shifting it again, this time to 130lb. And this is because my stomach is still not where I want it to me and I don’t see it being where I want to be in 6 pounds. At this point I really have a goal body more than a goal weight, but the number on the scale is admittedly just to continue to motivate me to work towards my goals.

I weight train, do various types of cardio, and eat in a deficit which has me losing 1-1.5lb a week on average. But god, I am just getting so antsy to get to where I’ve always dreamed of being. I am happy where I am now, but I (vainly?) do want to look a certain way (aka have a flat(ish) stomach), probably for my childhood/teenage self who hated her body and dreamed of looking like the girl I am SO close to being!!! But I’m inpatient and am desperate to be eating at maintenance and feel less guilt when I eat something I maybe shouldn’t (definitely still working on that one).

All that to say - I’ve seen a lot about the paper towel effect on here when people were in their last few pounds to lose range. I’m scared I’m going to get to 130lbs and still have a bit of a stomach (I don’t need to be a supermodel but I want to get to a certain point, ya know?) I’ve always carried the most weight in my stomach so it’s my biggest source of insecurity and the last place I lose, but based on measurements, it is finally starting to go. So! Any personal tales of those pesky last 10lbs and the paper towel effect (and how drastic it was or wasn’t for you) or anyone who has been in a similar situation as me would be appreciated. Thanks :)

submitted by /u/iluvbreadandbutter
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/w8zxfh/please_give_me_hope_for_the_paper_towel_effect/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...