Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Diary Of A Weight Loss Physician # 6

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Diary Of A Weight Loss Physician # 6

Want to know a secret?

I often get nervous before my patients step on the scale.

So what's the difference between the doctor and patient?

1) Experience with the journey.

I understand the highs and lows of weight loss. I expect plateaus, barriers, relapses and frustration.

Often, the patient does not have much experience. As a result they mistakenly take setbacks personally and get discouraged.

2) Process oriented vs. outcome dependent.

I try and focus our attention on diagnosing the cause of weight gain/stagnation.

This encourages action (process oriented) rather than disappointment from the lack of progress (outcome oriented).

Additionally, I work with patient to ensure the process is as fun as possible. Collaborative personalization is crucial.

Doing so maximizes consistency.

Consistency is the single most impactful variable in successful weight loss.

3) Battle hardened faith.

I've seen the end of the rainbow (goal weight achieved) over and over again.

And over and over again, I am reminded of the need for patience.

For the patient, the weight loss journey is a huge leap of faith.

Everyday can be daunting.

So what's the difference?

I've been to the promise land.

Despite my nerves, I have faith in the process. It's worked innumerable times.

Not always (almost never!) in the time we expect, but it does work.

So as a seasoned guide, my job is to simply keep the faith of the patient alive and walk with them step by step.

submitted by /u/No-Profit8657
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/w8wdwl/diary_of_a_weight_loss_physician_6/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...