Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Gained a bit but realised my mindset changed

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Gained a bit but realised my mindset changed

Maybe this will encourage some of you: I started my weight loss journey in September but didn't had a scale, so I didn't knew how much weight I lost in December. All i knew was how much I weighed in August when I visited my parents. So the first thing I did was weighing when I visited them in the week before Christmas and to my suprise I lost around 15lbs. Over Christmas I ate too much again and gained 7lbs during my 10 day visit at home, which really depressed me at first. The last days I travelled with my best friend and her boyfriend and she is constantly eating heavy meals (big breakfast, then a sweet snack, cooked meal for lunch, another mostly sweet snack, then dinner and after it a few more snacks). I was always somebody who couldn't say no, when somebody asked if I want food - even if I wasn't hungry. The reason behind it was on one hand the social component of eating togheter, on the other hand that I always wanted to eat these delicious things, no matter what that means for my body. Additionally I have to add, that I'm short, so I don't need many calories and normaly I have only two meals a day (somedy one with a few snacks, which changed in the last weeks to fruits instead of sweet stuff). So my "old me" would have joined them, but my weight loss journey changed not only my weight but also my mind: I now only eat when I'm hungry, or know that I have to eat something to not eat too less. So I skipped some of the meals or ate just a small portion. Today I even decided to see more of the city and go for a walk while they where at the restaurant and now I'm feeling so much better even if I'm heavier now than before christmas. Maybe this is something that helps some of you when heaving a backlash: it's more about changing habits than about ONLY loosing weight.

submitted by /u/Skadi_V
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/104bb5u/gained_a_bit_but_realised_my_mindset_changed/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...