Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Sabotaging myself with with healthy fats, macros question?

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Sabotaging myself with with healthy fats, macros question?

I hit 250lb a few weeks ago and I've been more focused on macros since starting CICO in August. I've noticed that my macros fluctuate mostly between protein and fat with low carbs most days. I eat a lot foods high in "healthy fats" 5% Greek yogurt, avocados, eggs, etc and on those days my carb intake is much lower. Most of my protein is from lean meat and other than yogurt I don't each much dairy and most of my carbs come from beans and vegetables with the a slice of toast or a serving of corn tortillas on the side 3x a week. I don't eat snacks and what I do keep around is jerky for when I've had a small breakfast and need to hold me over until luch/dinner (I unintentionally started doing 16/8 and it works for me).

I know a high fat intake while in keto is fine because the body switches to using fat as fuel but am I hinder my weigh loss on my higher fat days?

I eat several prepped meals swapped out depending on what I feel like for that day with a salad on the side for lunch/dinner, and my daily macros range from 30-45% carbs, 28-32% fats, and 20-32% protein.

I'm not really looking for advice on how to get certain macros, I can figure that out myself, what I'm wondering if having a high percentage of fat while not on keto is stifling my progress.

I know weightloss is CICO, but diet does impact body comp so will having a diet high in healthy fats some days while not being in ketosis cause me to retain more fat even while I'm eating at a deficit?

I do LIIT exercise and hit between 7-12k steps a day, and plan to pick up some weight training after I reach 200lb.

Edit: I'm losing weight without any issues and without any stagnation so far, so I don't really think its negatively impacting me, but once I started paying attention to my macros I noticed it happens from time to time.

submitted by /u/mxorkrane
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rhztbm/sabotaging_myself_with_with_healthy_fats_macros/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...