Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Question about CICO

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Question about CICO

Sorry if this is dumb, but I don't know the answer to this.

I'm using the LoseIt app, which is connected to my Apple watch and it logs my exercise and burned calories for the day.

So here is an example day: https://share.getcloudapp.com/JruGPglo

If you can't see the screenshot above, here's the breakdown:
BUDGET: 1650
FOOD: 1724
EXERCISE: -119
NET: 1605

So technically for the day pictured above, I am over my calorie budget. But the app is telling me hey, you are technically "under" by 45 calories.

I don't think that it should be saying "ok, well you have burned 119 calories in exercise today, thus you can eat that much more"! If I did that every day, I don't think the scale would move....?

It also doesn't fill in the "exercise" calories until close to the end of the day.

It also trips me up because it fills in that negative calorie section without me realizing, and I think I have more calories available than I should :(

So the bottom line question here is: If I use up (eat up) the "extra calories" earned by exercising, am I going to continue to lose weight? It doesn't make sense to me lol

Again I'm sorry if this is dumb I'm kindof a noob :p

Edit: typos and formatting

submitted by /u/Lucid_Kitsune
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rgncpu/question_about_cico/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...