Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What I’ve tried, what’s worked

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

What I’ve tried, what’s worked

28(f) at the age of 18 after “suffering” all my life from being “fat,” I got my heart broken and decided to starve myself. This led to losing 25 lbs and I liked what I looked like. Well obviously that only lasted so long because the scale went up again because starving yourself is not the right way to go about it. After my first child at 21 I did paleo that turned into just eating healthier food but still restricting. I was able to lose 50 lbs before I got pregnant a 2nd time at 23. Gained most of the weight back but definitely ate a healthier diet during that time. After my second child was born I did the keto diet and ended up at my lowest of 170 lbs. I’m 5’9 so I was a normal BMI at that point. But that only lasted so long as well. I gained back 60 lbs when I would just eat whatever I wanted when I wanted due to stress. Here I am today. I started going to the gym and lifting heavy weights. 4-5x a week. After lifting I do cardio for 15-20 mins. Doing this for 2 months now and what I’ve noticed is somehow my body craves healthier food. Nutritional food. But not only do I eat better, I can eat all the yummy stuff I love and I am able to stop myself- I say stop myself but usually it’s a simple thought of “that was good, I’m done now” something has clicked. I have struggled for so long with binge eating. I have weighed myself twice, about 2 weeks ago and then this Monday. I was down 3.7 lbs in less than 2 weeks. Clothes aren’t fitting so snug. My depression and mood swings are not as bad as they were, anxiety is better as well. The energy to do things has improved. I can jog a mile now! I can bend down with all my weight and be able to balance myself when before I could hardly hold that position for 5 seconds. If you have been wanting to get into the gym, this is a sign to finally do it! If you got this far, thanks for reading. Today was leg day and it’s my favorite so I guess I’m still riding the endorphin high!

submitted by /u/zoomerfoo
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pbotlq/what_ive_tried_whats_worked/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...