Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Aquatic Therapy?

Friday, August 27, 2021

Aquatic Therapy?

Has anyone tried aquatic therapy for weight loss?

I (35F) have put on 115lbs over four years. Before the weight gain I was very active, doing 4-5 days of exercise a week. I got away from it when some major stressors occurred in my life and I turned to food to cope. Now I struggle just to make the five minute walk from my car to my office desk at work.

I have been trying to incorporate walking into my routine for the last several months and I’m not making much progress. I have some underlying health concerns and wonder if I need something very-low-impact to build up my stamina.

Gym memberships in my city are reasonable but they charge extra for water aerobics, which I’ve done before and enjoyed. But I’m not thrilled with the idea of joining a gym/group class as the pandemic ramps back up again.

I found a physical therapy clinic that offers aquatic therapy for obesity. I think this will be covered by my insurance and I feel okay about a 1:1 situation during the pandemic.

Has anyone here used aquatic therapy for weight loss? Please share your experiences with me!

submitted by /u/Kbeliever
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pd2by2/aquatic_therapy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...