Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Life After Weight Loss: Trust Issues in Relationships

Friday, August 27, 2021

Life After Weight Loss: Trust Issues in Relationships

Hey guys,

I was wondering if those of you have been struggling with weight ever since childhood, are having a hard time finding love or relationships after weight loss?

For those of you who've had a history of being made fun of for their weight (whether that is being "too fat" or "too skinny") during childhood all the way to adulthood; what behaviorial changes have you noticed from people after weight loss or gain?

From my personal experience growing up in a family that had unhealthy habits; I was made the butt of every fat joke there was from elementary to college. I begun my weight loss journey in 2016 when I weighed around 180lbs. I'm a 4'11" female, and I had a lot of health problems when I had all that weight. But after I worked hard to improve my health, change my lifestyle, and reach my goal weight of 110lbs; every relationship I have with a person after weight loss has always left a bitter taste in my mouth. There have already been similar topics discussing how the world is kinder to people who have or who have recently earned "pretty privilege" which is unfortunately very true.

But has anyone been completely turned off from finding love or a relationship of any kind because you're always wondering how much of their kindness is genuine and how much of it is fake because they like what the see and want to get to know you for superficial reasons?

We all have standards. Even when I was overweight, I would fantasize about being in a relationship with a fit and lean individual while not prioritizing my health. But after receiving an overwhelmingly amount of positive feedback from people around me than I ever received when I was at my heaviest; I'm finding difficulty in forming connections and bonds with others because of the shallow nature people (including myself) have when it comes to physical appearances. I've lost count at how many time people have wanted to get closer to me, just to turn them down because I'm always hit with this thought before it develops into something meaningful and worthwhile.

How do I get past this?

submitted by /u/CherBert97
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pd4c8k/life_after_weight_loss_trust_issues_in/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...