Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I’ve (M25) put on some quarantine weight, but didn’t realize how bad it apparently is until I saw my parents this week for the first time in a year. They acted like I’m a totally different person. Am I downplaying it? Should I be more concerned?

Monday, August 30, 2021

I’ve (M25) put on some quarantine weight, but didn’t realize how bad it apparently is until I saw my parents this week for the first time in a year. They acted like I’m a totally different person. Am I downplaying it? Should I be more concerned?

Hi everyone. Posting this from a backup account as it’s somewhat embarrassing. I’ve (M25) been working from home during the entire pandemic, and admittedly have been much lazier and less active than I should be. I know my diet hasn’t been as good as it was pre March of last year either. I’ve gained some weight because of these lifestyle changes and I’m definitely aware of that. I don’t have a scale at home and I haven’t had my gym membership since when it closed at the beginning of COVID, so I don’t know exactly how much I weigh right now. I’ve had to upsize a few sizes on my clothes, but couldn’t tell you exactly how much I’ve gained. But I was about 160 pounds last summer when I last saw my parents.

I came to visit them this week, and when I got out of my car at their house in the driveway they looked like they saw a ghost. They didn’t even say anything at first and were just like “Oh wow! Well don’t you look different!” I gave them hugs and what not and my mom said: “Wow I can barely get my arms around you! What have you been doing all year???” What a lovely welcome home! So then of course I start worrying instantly that my weight is worse than I thought. I have gotten definitely bigger but they were acting like I’ve gained 100 pounds! My dad even said that! “Jeez, I don’t mean to pry, but how much are you weighing these days? You look like you’ve put on over 75 pounds!!” If he’s right somehow, and I did gain that much weight in the last year, then I would be shocked because that seems impossible, but he was genuinely worried? As was my mother. She starts saying she needs to cook super healthy meals the entire time that I’m home and that I need to change my diet when I go back home. How they want to go on walks with me every morning while I’m home. They even said they need to take me shopping because I “look like a pregnant woman in all of my clothes” and that they’re too small on me.

I get that they are concerned and trying to be helpful, but are they overreacting?? Maybe they aren’t, maybe I have gotten pretty big. But I don’t think that’s possible. I guess I should set up an appointment with my doctor to see if they’re right and see how much I weigh now. How can I figure out in the meantime how concerned I should be? Any advice with how to talk to my parents? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Kryptonite__7
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pesmh0/ive_m25_put_on_some_quarantine_weight_but_didnt/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...