Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What could be holding me back?

Monday, August 30, 2021

What could be holding me back?

Hi everyone, I love this community and find the comments really kind and insightful so I was hoping maybe from your experiences, your input could help me out.

I'm in my late 20s and have been morbidly obese since forever. I feel it's the kind of obesity where people know I'm fat but I'm so energetic and they've never known me skinny so at this point it gets overlooked. Except I know it affects me and the severity of this has recently dawned on me.

5-6 years ago, my ALT enzymes were really high but the doctors just put it down to a medication overdose. They kept asking me if I drank but I was sober. I saw another post on Reddit recently and realised that I've probably been ignoring NAFLD for half a decade and carrying on like this is a death sentence.

Another example is that I distinctly remember struggling to walk up a hill and coughing to cover it up back in 2013... it's been 8 years and it's only getting worse. Another is having PCOS since 2014 but not realising the impact it can have if you don't take it seriously.

It really upsets me knowing that I've been ignoring these problems for so long. I feel that if I take action now, there's a chance I can save myself from what obesity can do. The problem is, I have this "reality check" a few times a year and try to do something about it and then it's almost like I completely forget it's even a problem until the next time I remember Reddit exists or the next time I feel out of breath.

I don't really understand why it is that my focus is so lacking and that I seem to sabotage myself. I see it all the time that people say "I'd tried loads of times before but this time I stuck with it" and I want to be like that except I have no idea why it is that I fail repeatedly.

What was it that finally made you change for good? What was holding you back?

submitted by /u/violetnotviolent
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pehrev/what_could_be_holding_me_back/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...