Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Are my reasons for wanting to lose weight shallow?

Friday, August 27, 2021

Are my reasons for wanting to lose weight shallow?

There are plenty of reasons I want to lose weight. I genuinely don't like how I look,I want to stop accidentally breaking furniture(fortunately hasn't happened in a long while since losing 40 lbs,haha),I don't want my body being in pain from simple and basic physical tasks like walking too long a distance,etc.

But here's another factoid...As a still-fat man,I'm just not attracted to fat women.

Now don't get me wrong,I believe in being kind(or at least polite)to everyone,and I would never try to shame anyone into losing weight(Because I know exactly how that feels,back when family members kept pestering me about it without offering any real constructive advice...),I believe that's where the "Body-Positivity" movement goes right.

However,I don't feel an ounce of attraction at all for my fellow obese people,I'm sorry to say. I didn't get involved in the dating scene early on since I believed the fitter women would probably feel the same about me as I do about overweight women. It was actually a bit of a shocker for me to eventually learn that said women actually return my interest. (its a bit of a long story,so I won't get into that..)

How does this tie in with my current desire to lose weight? Well,primarily because I believe in meeting the standards you set for your dating partners(or at least trying to..),and I also figure that if my current fat self is attractive now(I personally don't find myself attractive,but apparently a lot of the fair members of the opposite sex do..),then a fitter version of myself would be even better. I want to be the best version of myself before actively getting involved in the dating scene...

Of course,as I've said above,this is not my only reason for wanting to trim down that annoying adipose tissue. But what do you guys think? Am I getting into this for the wrong reasons?

Here are my previous entries from my last account if they are of interest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nqcor4/losing_weight_is_not_a_totally_linear_and_smooth/

https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/nsuh8k/improved_skin_complexion_after_weight_loss/

submitted by /u/JohnnyEnglishPegasus
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pd380t/are_my_reasons_for_wanting_to_lose_weight_shallow/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...