Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: TDEE - Am I doing this the right way?

Monday, August 30, 2021

TDEE - Am I doing this the right way?

Height: 5'11 SW: 172 CW: 169 GW: 161

Hi all. I've always flucuated around 161 - 175 and I weighed myself last week and came in at 172. So it's within what I normally am but I've noticed that I'm carrying a lot more around my waist. I did a rough measurement last week and it was 32.8, and today it's 32.5. Clothes that fit me pre-pandemic are a bit harder to wear comfortably now. So I'd like to get back to 31 if possible.

I inputted my stats into TDEE and put down my activity as sedentary, and my maintenance calories came in at 2,063. Updated to today's weight and it's 2,046. I'm WFH and I don't move a whole lot during the day but I try and get 10-15k steps in daily. I try to fit in some sport during the week too.

So I started to log what I've been eating on Myfitnesspal. I did this years back and found it helpful but I don't intend on doing it long term as I can become obsessed with this sort of thing. I input my calorie goal as 2,046. I've been hovering around this total for the past week. But feeling pretty hungry at times during the day (especially in the evening).

I inputted a sample day's intake prior to last week and it came in at 3,405 calories.

Some questions:

  1. Am I using the correct TDEE figure in Myfitnesspal considering my level of activity (I don't log any activity on it so it remains at the 2k mark regardless)?
  2. On days when I play sport, should I consider eating a bit extra (I had a quick google and it seems that 600 calories is roughly the amount burned during it)?
  3. Is the TDEE figure a little bit low? I ask as I'd normally eat approx. 3.4k daily and have been doing so for the past few years, but still roughly around the same weight.
  4. How does everyone manage to get fruit into their diets? I'd normally have an apple, banana and orange a day but that accounts for nearly 300 calories. So I've been skipping fruit for the most part because of this.
  5. How do you not manage to overdo it on oils/butter/etc? I cook using them, and would always have a good bit of butter on bread, but scaled back because even just 10/20g throws it all out of whack.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/omarlowe
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pegval/tdee_am_i_doing_this_the_right_way/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...