Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Why I wasn’t losing weight with ‘accurate’ calorie tracking.

Friday, August 27, 2021

Why I wasn’t losing weight with ‘accurate’ calorie tracking.

I couldn’t lose that last amount of weight for the longest time even with calorie tracking. Thought I was plateauing, misjudging food, was just built different, anything under the sun as a reason for the madness. Turns out I was making a dumb mistake.

My Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) calculation was set as ‘moderate exercise’ to give me a 2700 calories maintenance. Understandably because I train 3-5 times a week…

My dumb self was adding my workout calories burned into myfitnesspal on top of that TDEE and eating accordingly, not factoring in that the calories burned working out were in fact included in that ‘moderate exercise’ TDEE number to start with.

For example

‘Moderate exercise’ maintenance: 2700 calories +

Workout: 300 calories burned

I’d eat 3000 calories for the day thinking I was still on maintenance.

When really…..

‘Sedentary’ maintenance: 2400 calories +

Workout: 300 calories burned

Maintenance is still actually 2700 calories

TLDR Don’t add workout burned calories onto a ‘moderate exercise’ TDEE calculation. I’m an idiot.

submitted by /u/aroundtheworldtoday
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pd4j63/why_i_wasnt_losing_weight_with_accurate_calorie/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...