Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Has anyone else experienced oral fixation overeating?

Monday, August 1, 2022

Has anyone else experienced oral fixation overeating?

17F 5'2 SW:190 CW:170 GW:130

TW for some disordered eating behaviours.

I know this sounds really silly but it took me this long to figure out how I personally can stop overeating. And it's crazy since everything makes sense now. I've been losing weight successfully for a little over 2 months and I've made a lot of mistakes while starting out, it's been quite the learning process.

Firstly, I ignored my TDEE. For the first 10 weeks. I ignored everyone telling me I should eat at least 1200 calories since I'm a teenager and convinced myself I could live off 1000 while relatively active. I displayed some disordered eating signs, to which both my bf and dad became worried of. I would throw up food after overeating from guilt and lie it was undercooked, count calories obsessively, always thinking about food, guilt exercise, felt hungry and exhausted all the time.

Though I lost a considerable amount of weight doing this (1-2lbs a week) I knew it was something I couldn't keep up. So I stopped weighing myself on a schedule and raised my calorie limit to around 1100-1300. Almost all my problems improved, but I still always had an urge to eat, even without being hungry or bored.

And then - as dumb as it sounds - I tried gum. Figured I have an oral fixation since I've always chewed pens, my nails, my lips, bottle caps, anything I can get my teeth on with a nice texture for my whole life. This also lead to a lot of overeating since nice textured food + flavor is a deathly combination. I believe needing constant oral stimulus is part of the reason I've been obese since childhood. My appetite was maybe a bit bigger than average, but food was simply something to chew on and have in my mouth when I was understimulated. And so accessible, It became my worst habit.

But now with gum my nails are growing out since I'm biting them less, food is only forefront of my mind while I'm eating, and gum's cheap as chips too.

I'm not diagnosed with anything. And I'm not sure the real name for it, but now it feels pretty dumb writing this out, I was wondering if anybody else had this sort of problem? How do I help it?

submitted by /u/thhrowwwwawayyyyy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wdxdk9/has_anyone_else_experienced_oral_fixation/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...