Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Advice for calorie intake with a very low BMR? (1400)

Friday, August 5, 2022

Advice for calorie intake with a very low BMR? (1400)

Hi all,

I am 31 year old female - currently 5’9 210 lbs and I am looking to lose weight. First goal being approximately 20 lbs in 10 weeks, however I struggle to know what to do calorie wise that would be sustainable with such a low BMR. I had my BMR tested and it turned out my metabolism is quite slow , with RMR at 1472 and TDEE (no exercise) , at 1619. This is estimated to be 15% lower than I should be for my body comp, but I had my thyroid tested and it came out fine, just slightly low testosterone. I don’t know how many calories I should be eating to lose weight properly? It seems if I limit my calories to 500-800 or so my body responds but as soon as I get to 1000-1200 calories I no longer lose weight or gain. I don’t think it’s sustainable to only consume 500-800 calories a day. I am not currently exercising as I used to body build and have held onto a lot of my muscle, I am afraid my muscle memory will kick in and I will gain unwanted mass, I also have psoriatic arthritis (treated with remicade which could be attributing to the poor metabolism) so certain activities such as walking / running aren’t necessarily feasible anymore as it would put me out for a few days in pain.

TLDR: 5’9 210 , TDEE of 1619 - how many calories should I be consuming to lose weight and keep it off?

submitted by /u/teachme2save
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wh60i8/advice_for_calorie_intake_with_a_very_low_bmr_1400/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...