Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: observations and things I've learned 3 months in

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

observations and things I've learned 3 months in

So a bit of backstory.....i (33m) started Febuary 11th at my highest weight ever. 346 lbs. I was feeling mortified, dissapointed, shameful, depressed and most of all fed up. So i decided to make a change. As of today I am 305 lbs 41 down with a goal in mind to get to 260 by october. Here's some observations and thoughts I've had on my journey so far.

-I'm learning that this lifestyle change I'm making isn't a diet. I dont deprive myself of foods ive grown to love over the years. If i want it, I will have it as long as it fits in with my calorie goal for each day. (I try to keep my calories between 1600 to 2000 a day).

-My job helps immensely with weight loss, I'm a utility worker and on my feet for a good part of the day always walking up and down flights of steps and just always being on the move. The downside is that since I dont pack a lunch so I do get fast food for lunch. As stated above though I keep it within my calorie count. My go to is 3 supreme soft tacos from taco bell....610 calories and good to go. For dinner I switch between 3 meals for the most part. I either go for sushi from Kroger, a chipotle bowl or i make chicken drumsticks or thighs (thank goodness for the air fryer) and roasted veggies.

-ROASTED VEGGIES!!! Can we just talk about them for a minute? I dont know about all of you but I've always been, lets say averse when it came to veggies but thats just because I didnt have them prepared to bring out maximum flavor. One of my favorite things to eat has to be sliced carrots roasted in the oven with a little oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I know cant wait to have a meal with some roasted carrots and broccoli or asparagus (i eat tons of asparagus)

-I dont eat breakfast so this definitely helps me in giving me more free reign on what i eat. And i also gave up my morning Monster energy drink. The first 2 weeks were a bit difficult but now i find just waking up and chugging a glass of water wakes me up just fine. Which brings me to my next thought.

-Water!! Drink, live it, love it. But I'll be the first to admit sometimes it gets a bit boring so ive been buying Aldis water enhancers and I cant get enough of them. Just a couple drops of strawberry enhancer makes a world of difference. It also goes well with some vodka and water.

-snacks.....my go to snacks are homemade pickled eggs easy, delicious, good protein and quick. I also keep pepperoni in my fridge 6 slices 150 calories is my treat. No sweets for me, luckily i was never much for a sweet tooth and im thankful for that.

-cardio, ive made it a goal to hit the gym at least 4 days a week and ill be honest, I'm not lighting the world on fire with it.....and thats okay. I do 40 minutes on the treadmil 25 minutes at 3 mph with a 9.0 incline, 5 minutes at 15 incline and then 10 minutes of no incline. Right now my focus is just on walking, keeping it moving. Im a former powerlifter (15 years ago lol) so i know my way around the weight room but i dont plan on touching a weight until im down to 260 and then the real work begins.

-Mindset, ladies and gents this is the most important thing. Its all a mindset. I think back to a cheesy 90s movie which is a guilty pleasure of mine called "The Edge" and a quote that stays with me is "what one man can do, another can do". Anyone is capable of making a change and doing something as long as they set their mind to it. Its easy to get a quick spurt of motivation, the hard part is keeping the flame lit. I remind myself everyday to keep the flame lit and so far its burning bright as can be.

Thanks to anyone who read my ramble and I wish you all the best of luck on your journey and remember to KEEP THE FLAME LIT.

submitted by /u/lapseofclarity88
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/uilhi0/observations_and_things_ive_learned_3_months_in/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...