Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to help someone who feels like exercise/weight loss is about not liking your current self?

Sunday, March 5, 2023

How to help someone who feels like exercise/weight loss is about not liking your current self?

I know this is a common idea in peoples heads that keeps them from taking care of their health. They think that if they try to lose weight it must mean they don't like their current self.

How do you encourage someone who thinks like this? How do you tell them that it's okay to love your current self while also being willing to improve yourself?

My girlfriend is like this. She's afraid to set tangible weight loss goals because she thinks it's the same as saying "i hate my current body. I'm not attractive". She's even afraid of talking to me about goals because if she does and I encourage her (which I would because health and exercise is a priority in my own life) that she might perceive that as "oh, he doesn't find me pretty in my current state".

How do you talk to someone like this? How do you encourage them?

submitted by /u/Missing_Back
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11jhu4k/how_to_help_someone_who_feels_like_exerciseweight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...