Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Why is my TDEE so high?

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Why is my TDEE so high?

I’m female, 42, 5’6.5” (169cm) and around 141lb (64kg). According to my Dexa scan my body fat is 28%. The scan also showed I have a slightly higher lean mass than the average woman my age (according to their charts), and my bone density is in their top 5%.

I work out twice a week, very occasionally three times, doing short 15-30 min strength or HIIT workouts like kettlebells, Shred etc. I live in a city and usually walk between 3,000 and 10,000 steps a day (more commonly under 5,000). I can’t imagine that puts me at much over sedentary or lightly active.

I lost 50lb in about a year and have been in maintenance for three months. My TDEE in practice appears to be around 2,100/2,150 which is around 250-500 calories higher than any calculator gives me. When I use a calculator that factors in BF% it raises it slightly, but not by much.

Obviously I’m not complaining about being able to eat more. But why is this the case? Is having dense bones and a moderately good muscle mass enough to give me a 250-500 calorie advantage? Or do some people's metabolisms just burn "hot"?

submitted by /u/beefbibimbap
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/uht5za/why_is_my_tdee_so_high/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...