Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Some of my recent/favorite NSVs and a Question About Lifting

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Some of my recent/favorite NSVs and a Question About Lifting

So I didn't want to post until I hit the big 200lbs lost mark but I couldn't help myself. I had Bypass surgery on 06/30/2020. Stats are as follows: 33/M 5'8" HW: 403, SW: 357, CW: 216.

In total I've lost 187lbs its been crazy with body changes over the past 8 months. Sometimes it's hard other times it's smooth sailing. Taking moments to recognize NSVs when they happen are small moments of joy I have started to revel in.

For starters, I live a country life. I have a pickup truck and for the first time I no longer exceed the weight capacity of the tailgate and can actually sit on it to relax!! It's so simple yet so pleasing.

Next is that any vehicle I get into to drive I have to adjust the seat WAAAY forward most of the time because I have to get closer and no longer have my gut sitting in my way!

Lastly, I built my 2 kids matching loft beds a few months ago. I can now comfortably climb the ladder and get into the bed and goof around with my kids when they are being silly. It was right after dinner and they thought it was hilarious until daddy ripped a fart and my almost 7 yr old daughter wasn't haven't that and demanded I leave for ruining her bed lmao.

What can I say, my energy has skyrocketed my outlook on life is changing almost daily. I'm working to be a volunteer firefighter to eventually become full-time. I am just loving ALMOST every minute of this new life I have. I say almost as obviously life has it's up's and down's...and loose skin.

I have so much loose skin that frustrates the crap out of me. It's nasty, wrinkly, shrinkly and just overall disgusting. It is a huge mental blow. I am being sent in July for a consult to plastic surgery for skin removal as that will be my 1yr surgeversary. There are conditions that have to be met for insurance and I don't know if I'll meet them or not (every seems to think I will but I don't). So this leads to my question. I am looking for a workout program that doesn't involve bulking up. I'm not looking to get swole. I'm looking to lean up and gain strength/definition. Everything I find on r/fitness and other like subs seems to be pushing about increasing strength and 1 rep max lifts. I'm not looking for that, increased strength will be a byproduct sure but I need to tighten up, well, everything. Any advice or recommendations is appreciated. Thanks for reading! I'll be sure to post pics when I hit the big 200lb lost!

submitted by /u/SaggyDagger
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lx8ivf/some_of_my_recentfavorite_nsvs_and_a_question/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...