Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Goal Weights Make Me Uncomfortable

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Goal Weights Make Me Uncomfortable

6'5, SW 438, CW 399.2 here.

Having spent 21 years struggling with my relationship with food, I have tried to lose weight more times than I can count. I remember telling myself every summer in grade school that I was going to watch what I ate and I never did, needless to say. a few years ago I had my greatest success to this point, dropping from 400 pounds down to around 360. Then COVID hit and I ballooned to my all time peak, only 12 pounds shy of overloading my "high weight capacity" scale. I knew I had to change, because frankly I was heading for an early grave and I knew it. I started religiously tracking my food intake and cut out all of the estimating that I did the last few times I used a tracking app and have seen consistent results at a steady rate for 90 days now. However, a bunch of friends and family who I have told and seen since then have asked me what my goal is, and it makes me uncomfortable every time.

In the past, my efforts almost always ended because I didn't lose for a week and spiraled into thinking about how I was going to need to starve myself for over a year or two to get to a healthy weight by BMI. I also hated making claims of how I wanted to get to 250 pounds or whatever arbitrary number I decided sounded nice that day and then putting weight back on. Nowadays I have just been saying that I have so much to lose that I'm not worried about it for now. Frankly I don't want to die or otherwise go down the road of diabetes and heart disease and need to keep that my focus.

Does anyone else with a lot of weight to lose feel this way?

submitted by /u/LiquidFish25
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mfhcag/goal_weights_make_me_uncomfortable/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...