Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Lack of Family Support

Monday, March 29, 2021

Lack of Family Support

Lately, I have been dealing with a lack of support losing weight and I wanted to see how others have dealt with this issue.

A little background about me. I am 22M, 6'2, and started at 295lb/133kg and I am now 195lb/88.4kg. My goal weight is to reach 185lb since that would put me in the upper range of the "healthy" BMI range. I have been overweight for all of my life and the start of 2020 I decided I would reach a healthy weight. I am going to reach a weight where I am able to enjoy life to the fullest.

However, the last couple of months I have been questioned and suggested by my family why I continue to lose weight. My mother is obese but my brothers are considered in the normal range of weight. This first started around 215lb where I was forced to justify why I was going to continue to lose weight and why I wasn't stopping. I have continued to justified my position of losing weight ever since and finally when I reached 195 they all told me I needed to stop to lose weight.

It is frustrating constantly being told by people around me that it isn't healthy getting too skinny and how it is not necessary to lose more weight and how I should be happy where I am right now. Has anyone else dealt with this kind of issue? I'm just unsure why they are telling me why I am too skinny and they are worried for my health (Which they were not when I was severely obese) and I just do not know what to do.

submitted by /u/kingpro98
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mg5aw3/lack_of_family_support/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...