Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I genuinely do not understand what happened

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

I genuinely do not understand what happened

This is my first time posting here, so I should give a bit of context. Recently I've moved into a very small room for work. Meals are provided, although the choice isn't always great. Anyway, because of Covid and this new arrangement I ended up gaining a quiet a bit of weight, roughly 60 or so pounds. Once I noticed this I felt I should do something, so I started with the simple mantra of eat less, move more. I got a fitbit, and I was averaging 15,000 steps a day, and eating around 3,000 calories a day. My BMR is roughly 2,500 to 3,000 calories, so my deficit would have been due to activity. So a month passed and I lost maybe 4 pounds total, which was very discouraging, especially considering that weight loss was during the first week, and the next three weeks were fluctuations. So I got a bit frustrated and started eating like I used to, but there was still a change. Often if I ate mcdonalds or some pizza, I would do so for lunch, and then still eat supper. Now, I felt full after eating a bit over half my meal, so I saved the rest for supper. I still tried to be within my deficit, but I did cheat one day and ate like I didn't care. Then behold today I gained 10 pounds. It's like I didn't do anything.

And honestly I hate this. I hate that making a change in my life style had no effect on anything, and when it happens you start to think that every single piece of advice is pure bullshit. Clearly it doesn't matter how many calories I eat, because even when I only eat a salad for lunch, exercise, and eat a heathy meal for supper, I still gain weight the next day. If so what's the point? If weight gain is inevitable, I might as well enjoy myself while I do it. The other thing that sounds crappy is that muscle increases your metabolism. I have a fair bit of muscle on me despite the excess fat I carry. I can do squats all day long and have no problems doing push ups in proper form.

I started Intermittent Fasting a few days ago, well before I noticed my increased weight gain. I intend to stick with it for 30 days to see if anything changes. Still, it's very demoralizing to see a month's worth of diet and exercise disappear in a few days just because you break a little bit. That shouldn't be how life is. I'm not saying I should be able to get away without working hard, but just because I take a day off from building my house doesn't mean someone gets to demolish it when I come back to it. It's doubly frustrating seeing people eat more than I do and stay trim and in great shape, yet if I stray a little bit from what I eat I get the blunt of it.

I apologize that this turned into a bit of a rant but I'm in sorry need of advice. I do not enjoy living this way. I have to pass a mirror everytime I climb onto my floor and it genuinely annoys me how I look. Any advice is highly welcomed.

I just want to add the actual changes I made in hopes of losing weight. Since most of my meals are made by staff, it's impossible to get a proper calorie count, so I do my best with googling.

Before I would drink a couple cans of soda a day, and eat a couple bags of candy every week. I would order fast food, ect. a few times a week and honestly ate for two. Desserts are usually included.

After, I cut out pop and candy completely, if I was going to have pop, it was usually a diet drink, or some 0 calorie soda water with some 0 calorie flavoring in it. I ordered out less and mostly ate at the cafeteria, trying to get the healthiest possible option, sometimes the vegetarian option. When I ordered out, I ordered a single meal, with a diet drink, and regular side dishes. No large fries or double big macs or anything like that. I still had some desserts, but very few compared to before. I started exercising by following some kickboxing videos on youtube, usually 30 minutes in length, and some bodyweight workouts, ie squats, pushups, and some resistance bands stuff, like rows.

submitted by /u/GreenPanda22
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mgy2ha/i_genuinely_do_not_understand_what_happened/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...