Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Need advice about embarrassment at the gym

Monday, March 29, 2021

Need advice about embarrassment at the gym

Originally posted in r/fitness, but no one replied. Copy pasted here hoping someone might be able to help.

Hey, y'all. I just got off the phone with my doctor and I am... Not in a great place right now. I'm 30 years old, male, and with a BMI that could run for president. Turns out, after not having insurance since I was 18, I now know I am diabetic, I have high cholesterol, a fatty liver, and a couple other things. I did recently quit smoking, though, so at least there's that.

I have to start going to a gym after my second covid shot. But I am so embarrassed. I know people don't look as much as I feel like they are, but I can't help it. I hate my body so much. I hate being seen in public, and avoid it whenever possible. If anyone of you gave ever felt this way, how did you get past it? How did you start going to the gym? The idea of going there, surrounded by good looking people, and here I walk in, a fat ogre with a broken tooth and a receding hairline... It makes me want to curl up into a ball and die. How do I get past that? How did you?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, and I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

submitted by /u/dumbquestions91
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mg6v9n/need_advice_about_embarrassment_at_the_gym/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...