Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Social anxiety has ruined me and my many attempts to lose weight

Monday, March 29, 2021

Social anxiety has ruined me and my many attempts to lose weight

I remember when I was younger that I wanted to do the whole process of losing weight "behind the scenes", aka when nobody that I know sees me. Try new food, but not in front of my parents. Go to the gym, but no to the same gym that my classmates go etc. and do it fast so I can surprise everyone and attack them with my weight loss.

Besides being a loner, a picky eater and not going along with the other kids, this impacted me a lot as well, despite my parents' attempts to engage me in sports. Somehow it was never in my priorities either as I was always "Studying".

I've recently realized that this is a very toxic approach to weight loss and it has done more harm than good on me, regardless of how many times I tried to lose weight by either being active or "being healthier"

I just feel that the older I get, the more difficult to lose weight, especially now that I get anxiety drinking and eating whenever I get triggered from situations and getting completely stressed out from my studies and being lonely.

submitted by /u/roseblossom00
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mg38ro/social_anxiety_has_ruined_me_and_my_many_attempts/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...