Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [NSV] Cleaning out my closet (literally and figuratively)... But what to do with all the clothes that are now too big?!

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

[NSV] Cleaning out my closet (literally and figuratively)... But what to do with all the clothes that are now too big?!

I’m still in the beginning of my journey but so far I've managed to close 27 lbs and many of my best wardrobe pieces are no longer an option. I know this is not the worse problem to have, I'm happy to move on to smaller sizes - especially if I'm going to look even better in what I wear than I have in a long time.

But this also pains me because I do have some really beautiful, special, and even some very expensive pieces of clothing that are simply too big for me now and they cannot be altered for one reason or another. I've got dresses of all kinds, unworn bathing suits, unworn lingerie, blouses...

I wouldn't want to offend anybody I know by offering them clothes that are obviously now “too big” for me - I think that might rub some people the wrong way, especially if the fit isn't right.

The problem is: I’m too busy to manage selling them, I’m too afraid to donate knowing the fate of some donated clothes (the trash), and I'd hate to give them to somebody who wouldn't appreciate them. I just want them to go to a good home, where they will be loved and worn!

I think back to when I was buying these clothes and how hard I tried to curate a closet that felt like me, when when I didn't feel like me. I searched HARD to put together outfits that made sense for my body without aging me or making me look bigger and also while hiding problem areas (this was a STRUGGLE). I used to work in fashion, I’ve always been so particular about clothing and these are some high quality pieces that I’ve taken really good care of. And not to mention, it was VERY hard being a plus sized girl in the fashion industry. I was so miserable I ended up changing my career entirely!

I thought about doing some type of plus sized, professional/high end clothing drive for donation (like maybe for battered or homeless women - like "dress for success" but exclusively plus size?) - but I don’t know!!!!!! Is that a thing? Can I make it a thing?

Any ideas for me???

submitted by /u/nastyyynico
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mhnngv/nsv_cleaning_out_my_closet_literally_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...