Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [M, 290, 6'6] Help me understand my TDEE

Saturday, March 27, 2021

[M, 290, 6'6] Help me understand my TDEE

So according to a calculator, my TDEE is around 3400. My BMR is 2400.

Is this calculator saying that I need to consume 3400 calories per day to stay at 290? To me this sounds absurd. I'd have to eat way more than I typically eat to stay at 290. And since I know I eat far less than that per day, how have I been the same weight for weeks? My cheat days are far and few in between. I've gotten stricter now that I'm hitting the gym, but before that, I didn't eat the best foods. Still, there was no way I would eat anywhere near 3.4k calories.

I almost want to say that the TDEE calculator doesn't work for people of my size. There are so few people my size so that might make sense. But, I would like some help to understand it.

The question boils down to this: if I've been eating less than my 3400 cal TDEE, then why was I the same weight for weeks?

Bonus question: if I eat significantly less than my TDEE (2.4k calories), will I see rapid weight loss? As a strong believer in CICO, I want to say yes.

submitted by /u/Shivers25
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/metrm8/m_290_66_help_me_understand_my_tdee/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...