Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I blundered yesterday. But that doesn't mean to let that failure justify giving up.

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

I blundered yesterday. But that doesn't mean to let that failure justify giving up.

I(M 27) started last week on my journey to weight loss again. For most of my adult life I've always been around 280-300 lbs, it's just a weight range that I've been consistent around. Not more and not less.

I've tried losing weight before and I actually managed to get down to 260 lbs about a year and a half ago through calorie restriction. But I got off the rails and now I'm back at my 300 lb range.

What changed during this transition period is I was living with Aunt/Uncle and my aunt and uncle to kept me accountable. But then I eventually moved out and well I have learned that I am not skilled in keeping myself accountable. From my low of 260lbs I gained back everything. I realize the efforts I made initially were not because of my own self management. And this is a huge step for me. I used them as a crutch for my lack of self management.

So starting last week I made a commitment to log every single calorie and every single thing I ate without shame into a google spreadsheet. I am going to keep putting in everything manually and that will force myself to realize how much I was eating and what I was eating.

I thought surely, this will make it finally work for me, but I blundered yesterday, I gave in ate/drank over 4000 calories of taco bell. A huge setback mentally, a failure. But I realized over the average of starting I only had an average of 998 calories each day. And I realized I can't let the failure of a single day affect every effort made prior and all the effort I need to make going forward. I can stumble but I will not let myself fall this time.

Spreadsheet here for what I'm using to keep myself accountable https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPRgzgMjAauUxRtv8eUjOzkTQY7PA1F_o3NV-dkjW2c/

submitted by /u/Lajamerr_Mittesdine
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mhikr4/i_blundered_yesterday_but_that_doesnt_mean_to_let/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...