Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [NSV] I did my first pushup today!

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

[NSV] I did my first pushup today!

So a little about me to startM/23/5'10 SW: 300 CW: 237

I started my journey last June. I reached a point where I couldn't stand it anymore. Breathing was hard, sitting was hard, standing up was hard. My friend sent me a challenge called the 75 Hard and it kicked off from there.

I really stuck to the challenge and lost 26 pounds in the 75 days. I started simple with just walking. I played a lot of basketball as well during this time. My favorite sport acted as a saving grace. I really need to thank my family for supporting me with meal prep as well.

Since then, I've really focused on a calisthenic/light weight with high rep/circuit based workouts. I never really set a physical foundation for myself, so I really wanted to make sure I could do some core movements like the squat, proper rowing form, and different pressing motions. I also got a fitbit and set a personal step goal for myself.

It took about 9 months, but I've finally hit that inflection point where I finally have the strength to throw my weight around per se. I feel unbelievably powerful even though I have a long way to go.

I didn't picture much for myself but I really believe that taking it one step at a time is the key. For everyone out there, try and build a foundation for yourself before you push too hard. Once your foundation is strong, you can build a skyscraper. Try to change or add one thing at a time!

Let's keep pushing, one step at a time.

submitted by /u/HatimD45
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mhlagy/nsv_i_did_my_first_pushup_today/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...