Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Nothing huge, but still (+a diabetic question)

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Nothing huge, but still (+a diabetic question)

Just feeling hopeful for the first time this morning. For context, I’m 30f, a type one diabetic (so I’ve been told it would be very difficult to lose weight), and started at 103kg/227lbs. Very depressed, so was too friendly with alcohol. So I quit drinking almost 3 weeks ago.

As of this morning I’m under 100kg/220lbs again, just by sticking to 1200cal a day and kicking wine to the curb. I found a non-alcoholic (and very low calorie) rosé that has replaced my usual choice of drink, and I’m letting myself enjoy food again that I usually shunned because “it’s too high in carbs.” I hadn’t had a banana in 3 years until a couple of weeks ago.

I know I’m still very overweight but the fact that the scale is trending down for the first time in 3 years makes me happy. I’m considering returning to keto, but it’s a bit tricky as I’m a vegetarian.

Anyways, that’s my hurrah. I was wondering if there are other t1 diabetics here, and how you’ve made weight loss more successful? My endocrinologist said the best way is to cut down on insulin (so, eating a low carb diet). Any other advice would be great :)

submitted by /u/afistfulofthistles
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lx87gu/nothing_huge_but_still_a_diabetic_question/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...