Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Maintenance Year 3

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Maintenance Year 3

I turned 50 last week and have been reflecting on things I’ve learned in my life — including the realization that my body composition is the result of my own choices. Learning that lesson has helped me make some serious changes to my eating and fitness.

https://i.imgur.com/MvLpCCO.jpg (Photo is 2016, 2017, 2018, and today)

I joined the r/loseit and r/fatlogic subreddits in 2017. They helped me finally realize that I was 100% responsible for my obesity and that I looked like I did as a result of my own choices. So right before I turned 46 I started making different choices. This May will be the 3 year mark since my “first shirt-off summer in decades.”. I’ve kept the excess weight off and have continued to reach and set new fitness goals.

It’s still not easy for me, but it finally feels sustainable. I don’t do IF or Keto or Paleo. I just eat less than I burn. I’d been obese since my 20s and I kick myself for not starting sooner, but it really never is too late.

I still lurk here because reading others’ victories and setbacks helps motivate me. And maybe knowing that an old, fat computer geek can do it might help motivate you, too.

Don’t give up. Be honest and consistent. You CAN do it.

submitted by /u/sjjenkins
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lwfr5l/maintenance_year_3/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...