Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Is it too late? (a sad rant to be taken with a margarita rim’s worth of salt)

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Is it too late? (a sad rant to be taken with a margarita rim’s worth of salt)

Hi guys. Hear me out- I know everything I’m about to say is illogical, but I need to just express my feelings and (hopefully) get some advice/encouragement that will help me shake this feeling. Obligatory “I’m on mobile” disclaimer.

I’m 26f, 235lbs, at only 5’2”. I don’t usually feel huge unless I need to bend down (squat, kneel) or I see myself in a picture or video (who is THAT?!?!?). I know for the sake of my health, I need to lose weight. For the sake of my health and vanity, I WANT to lose weight.

However... I tend to give up on myself. I’m very all-or-nothing about it, and I also sometimes feel like it’s too late for me. That I missed the window where change was possible. Since I’ll never be 18 or 21 again, what’s the point? I missed me peak years. Why try when I’ve already lost so much time? What if my bad habits have already done irreparable harm to my health? If I might die sooner anyways, why not eat the Taco Bell again today?

I know that’s crazy. Nothing will ever change if I don’t change, and a bad day or moment doesn’t mean a bad eternity. I know I’m still privileged- there are plenty of people older, heavier, and in worse health than me that are committed to making a change. I just struggle to remember that and to get myself into the right state of mind to make changes myself.

So, fellow redditors, if you have any sympathies, advice, encouragement, or anecdotes- please share them.

Edit: fixed a typo

submitted by /u/BeLynLynSh
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/lwlp3y/is_it_too_late_a_sad_rant_to_be_taken_with_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...