Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Does HIIT work for everyone? Or am I just a wimp?

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Does HIIT work for everyone? Or am I just a wimp?

Hi! I’m new here and I have tried losing weight off and on for several years now. This time, I’m really trying to take an evidence-based route while also taking my own limits and preferences into account.

I’ve been told that HIIT workouts are really good for weight loss and fat burning, but I honestly can’t seem to go more than 8-10 minutes without feeling like I am going to barf, faint, or choke. I definitely prefer doing low intensity steady state (LISS) workouts because I don’t feel like I’m going to die the whole time. In both cases, I aim to keep my heart rate between 150 and 180, since that is about 80% of my max.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make HIIT work for me? Or would it be better to just do LISS instead? Does HIIT work better for certain body types or something? Thanks!

EDIT: For HIIT, I usually use the stair master, rowing machine, treadmill, or elliptical. I use the same for LISS.

submitted by /u/hgr24
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xvwjbz/does_hiit_work_for_everyone_or_am_i_just_a_wimp/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...