Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Nothing like a picture to help break my complacency

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Nothing like a picture to help break my complacency

Earlier last month, my job invited a photographer to come in and take staff pictures for the newer members and I was really excited since I had lost 15lbs and I felt pretty good about it.

The pictures are available and it’s like I’m reminded that I still have a long way to go. I’m pretty sure that I’m being a little hard on myself but the pictures of me didn’t match the mental image I have of myself now. I still see the double chin, the width of my chest and the chubby cheeks.

I am currently at the lowest I have ever been and I have this fear that I am at my weight floor - for the past 15 years, this was the lowest I have gotten and I would plateau and give up.

I guess it kicked my butt up to not be so lax because I feel good at where I’m at. I know I tend to be a little more complacent coz my jeans are now belted, my shirts are hanging off my shoulders or I can see my collar bones at certain angles.

I didn’t get upset that I still look fat or felt like my efforts are for nothing. It just reminded me to stay on track and to keep doubling down on my efforts.

I am proud where I came from and I guess seeing the recent pictures of me made me a little more determined to see how far I can go

submitted by /u/starsreminisce
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fu2et9/nothing_like_a_picture_to_help_break_my/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...