Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Doubled my weight due to eating to cope with loneliness

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Doubled my weight due to eating to cope with loneliness

I have doubled my weight in the last two years (meaning I weigh twice as much as I used to do) due to loneliness. I am in my thirties and have never been on a date, much less been in a relationship, and that is hard and lonely. I love myself and am confident despite being overweight, but I can’t help but long to have a connection with someone.

Up until two years ago, I maintained a fit body and lifestyle despite being lonely. I exercised every day and ate healthy and in moderation. However, then someone online said he wanted to be my boyfriend. I’m sure you can imagine that having patiently waited until I was in my thirties, believing that I’d finally get to experience things like mutual attraction, being cared about by someone special, and experiencing physical affection made me downright giddy.

I moved to another country to meet this guy because he said he wanted to start a new life together and for me to live with him. When I got here, he texted me the whole thing was a prank. After that? I have begun using food to cope with loneliness. I got over him a long time ago, but I still use food, glorious food, to cope with general loneliness.

When I eat, it’s as if the loneliness doesn’t exist, the only thing I feel is pleasure and happiness from eating. It’s not physical hunger at all- it’s emotional hunger. If I know I’m going to eat in an hour, I feel excited and happy. I am not ashamed that I have put on so much weight because it does allow me to forget about my loneliness for a few minutes, but I thought I would share my story in case it would help anyone to see they’re not alone.

submitted by /u/1autisticgi
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gat4rs/doubled_my_weight_due_to_eating_to_cope_with/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...