Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Anxiety about getting rid of clothes

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Anxiety about getting rid of clothes

It has come to the time when I should begin getting rid of my old clothes that are too large for me. I am happy that I am no longer a size 22/24, but I find myself getting anxious whenever I think about bagging up my clothes to donate.

Anyone else experience this? How did you combat it?

I guess it’s partially because I fear I’ll gain the weight back and will have nothing to wear (this is only part), but I guess I am also afraid of getting rid of items that are cute and fit my style (it sounds materialistic, I know).

I was thinking that I could possibly combat my anxiety by having a fashion show for myself and trying things on and bagging them after to remind myself that I am not that size anymore and can’t/shouldn’t hold onto clothes that are way too big for me anyways.

I have no qualms donating clothing, I have done it my whole life, but I just seem to get anxious. Maybe I fear losing the security of owning those clothes? They don’t fit and I know they don’t.... so I don’t quite get my hang up.

Any and all advice / experiences are welcome!

submitted by /u/-freshavacado-
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gam411/anxiety_about_getting_rid_of_clothes/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...