Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Adopting a new obsession to food

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Adopting a new obsession to food

If I’m being honest, this is a little uncomfortable for me to write about. It’s not something I’d ever talk about with someone, so I’m glad reddit exists for me to get this off my chest.

Ever since I was a young kid, I’ve been obsessed with food. Fast food, junk food, anything and everything. About a year ago, I made the conscious decision to turn my life around and lose the weight my food obsession brought on me. I made gradual changes to my diet, and this has overall been effective in shredding the weight I’ve had on me my whole life. I’m down 40 pounds from my peak weight, and visually I’m now looking pretty good. Recently, though, I’ve found myself substituting the desire to destroy my diet for YouTube videos on food, specifically “X amount of Calories in One Day Challenge” videos. I’ve spent many hours in the past few weeks watching videos of people stuffing their faces with all kinds of junk food, and initially I didn’t think much of it since it’s better than eating the food myself. After really reflecting on the situation, I’ve grown to realize that these videos are giving me this same mental high that eating a gross amount of junk food gave me. Physically, this is not a problem. I eat 1500 calories a day, which consists of mostly vegetables and lean protein sources. This calorie amount is suitable to my hunger, as I feel satisfied with what I eat thought the day. Mentally, though, food is becoming all I can think about. I don’t watch tv or Netflix anymore, because I’d rather watch a man pig out on some cookies and donuts than an actual show. I know there are bigger problems to have, but if anyone has experienced something similar to this, I’d love to know how you dealt with this. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/Dominic712
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ga0mhc/adopting_a_new_obsession_to_food/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...