Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What's working for me in getting back into the groove

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

What's working for me in getting back into the groove

Storytime: A few weeks ago, I fell out of my diet without realising it. I'd dropped using the small plate method (and I don't even remember this happening), I'd gone back to getting take out a couple of times a fortnight, and I'd started drinking more cola than usual. I'd also dropped taking my daily walks (I knew when I stopped this because I'd run out of my asthma puffer, and I really don't like going for my walks without it, just as a safety precaution).

So, I've started getting back into the groove.

First, don't hate yourself for it. You had a lapse, and you can pick it back up again. You're allowed to have a lapse every now and then, as long as you don't use it as an excuse to not get back into exercise/diet.

Start by just swapping out unhealthy stuff for less unhealthy stuff. Swap out a soft drink for an iced tea or a juice or a water. Swap out a large meal from a fast-food joint for a regular meal or small meal.

If it works for you, use the small plate method. The psychology says that a full small plate will make you feel just as full as a full large plate, just with less food and therefore less calories.

Get back on your walks. Even if it's just around the block, or ten minutes in the backyard. Then slowly build it back up.

These are all the tips and tricks I've been using for the last three to four weeks, and I'm already starting to feel better. Hopefully this can help some of you guys as well.

Feel free to add your own tips in the comments!

submitted by /u/The_Gayma
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g9zofy/whats_working_for_me_in_getting_back_into_the/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...