Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Getting close to 100 pounds

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Getting close to 100 pounds

I never thought I’d get here. Tbh, I didn’t think I’d live much past 26 because I knew it was only a matter of time before my health caught up to me. In May of last year my grandmother passed away from dementia; during that last week of her life my family started looking at me differently, as if measuring the sand left in my hour glass.

A nurse told my family one way they were tracking my grandmothers progression was by counting her breaths in a minute. We tried not to, but morbid curiosity got the better of us so we learned how to count her breaths. I just didn’t know my brother was counting mine. He told me I was straining to breath in my sleep. A few days later a doctor told me I have obstructive sleep apnea requiring a pressure of 16, the highest my doctor had seen. 118 apneas an hour. My grandmother died a few days after my appointment. Everyone was worried I was next on the docket, telling me I needed to get healthier because they weren’t sure they could go through something like that so soon after this experience.

I told my family I’d lose some weight, cause their worrying killed me inside. It’s been almost a year and I’ve lost 98 pounds today (238 currently). I’ve got a job, paying back my student loans a little at a time, with some money in my pocket.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy I’ve lost some weight. But I still feel depressed as if nothing in my life has really changed; I wake up, go to work, come home, and play my video games. It’s been that way for a few years now.

I don’t know what I really want here. I want to celebrate 100 pounds with my family to reassure them I’m getting healthier; they know I’ve lost weight but not how much. But at the same time I feel like nothing is any different.

I just want some advice or wisdom from someone who’s been in my spot. Maybe an idea of how to celebrate a 100 pounds with my family.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/RSN_Ka1eb
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g8uqkg/getting_close_to_100_pounds/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...