Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I’ve lost about 40 pounds since last year and I’m really proud of myself

Saturday, April 25, 2020

I’ve lost about 40 pounds since last year and I’m really proud of myself

I’ve always struggled with my weight, I was bullied as a kid, I’ve yo-yo-ed up and down but I finally feel like I can accept how I look at any weight. I think that was a huge factor in my outlook on weight loss.

At this time last year I weighed about 220 lbs and I’m 5’6”. I was bursting out of size 16 pants but I refused to buy anything larger. When I laid down my neck fat made it hard to breathe and when I put my headphones around my neck they were almost swallowed up. I was so oblivious too; I thought there must be an error on the scale, maybe I’m growing a huge tumor.

I started to seriously limit my sugar and carb intake solely to control some unwanted facial hair. I wasn’t even actively trying to lose weight, but I slowly managed to come down to 180. Now I look back on photos from back then and I can’t believe it. All of my clothes are way looser, I don’t feel choked when I lay down, and I feel way more confident. The definition in my face is back! I hadn’t even realized I’d lost that.

My size 16 pants are barely staying up and I just ordered a few pairs the next size down, and even some dresses which I never used to wear. It’s a little weird that I can still wear the same pants I was wearing 40 pounds ago but I’m definitely pear shaped and have wide hips so I guess it makes sense.

I don’t have any current pictures of myself for a comparison but if anyone’s interested I can get a side by side together.

It took until November before I actually started losing any weight even though I peaked around May. It just wouldn’t come off until I cut the carbs and sugar way down. I was also going through a really stressful and traumatic time and getting myself financially stable again helped my mental health so much. I assume that played into my weight situation.

All through the last year I’ve been seeing all these posts on this subreddit and wondering if I’d ever get to make a post like this. Woohoo!!! Also the unwanted facial hair is way more manageable now, yikes was it bad before.

submitted by /u/treehouse500
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g87gh8/ive_lost_about_40_pounds_since_last_year_and_im/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...