Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Holy Shit. Exercise is actually fun

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Holy Shit. Exercise is actually fun

I am 53 years old, morbidly obese and have never exercised before. But this corona thing has got me scared and I thought I'd better start doing something about my health. My knee hurts when I walk so running is out of the question by I found that I could ride a bike without too much pain so I have been going out every morning for the last two weeks.

At first it was two laps of the bike track and coming home knackered but I have been gradually working up and today I did 3 laps of the lake (3miles) and all the way to the top of the steepest hill without getting off - (I was screaming to get to the top) followed by a couple of fast laps of the track and then home.

I have to say that I've been gobsmacked at how much I enjoy getting out of breath. The hill is especially taxing and I'm hot and sweaty and feeling a sort of happy glow when I get home. It's mostly the exercise itself but there is also a sense of accomplishment. It's only been 2 weeks but I can already feel myself getting fitter. I know that I have a long way to go. My initial goal is to get my bmi below 40, I lost 1.5Kg this week so that's a start. I reckon it will take me another 6-12 weeks to reach that first goal if I lose between half and 1 kg per week.

I just want to say to anyone considering exercise that if you choose something that doesn't hurt you, and you commit to doing it regularly, then it really does make you feel better and it doesn't take long at all before you begin to notice improvements.

submitted by /u/Bug_squished
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g8bdkq/holy_shit_exercise_is_actually_fun/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...