Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 'This isn't my last chance to eat'

Monday, April 27, 2020

'This isn't my last chance to eat'

Perhaps this won't seem like much, but to me, this sentence has been absolutely revolutionary in changing my attitude to food.

Like many of us, I have really struggled to lose weight whilst balancing a healthy relationship with food. I like calorie counting for the control and removing the guesswork, but it can be hard to do it without going a little off the rails. I've struggled with cycles of over-restriction and binging.

Horrific binges where I would just mindlessly shovel in food, without really enjoying it, usually late into the night. I'd eat random things like whole boxes of cereal or blocks of cheese if there wasn't anything sugary to have around. I've literally had sugar hangovers.

I very much understand the sentiment of 'the harder you try to control food, the more food controls you'.

Which is why for me this sentence: 'This isn't my last chance to eat' has helped so much.

I think one of the reasons I binge is because it feels like this day is the last chance I have to eat these foods and tomorrow I'll have to go back to eating at a deficit. So it becomes harder and harder to stop and means the decision to stop and go to bed is a really difficult step to take.

But just remembering that actually, I don't need to eat it all now, I will get more chances to have the lovely healthy lunch (that I genuinely enjoy), and a nice reasonable treat tomorrow. And at points, I will get to have chocolate and lovely things on other days.

This has been huge for removing some of the power that food has over it, basically, it's not that big a deal.

This may not seem like much, but I hope it might help something click into place for other people too.

submitted by /u/angryjess
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/g8yq9u/this_isnt_my_last_chance_to_eat/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...